Who is Max?
Max is a quick brown fox who jumps over the lazy dog. He slips under the gate, "Etaoin shrdlu!" he says as he disappears into the woods.
There he sets puzzles for his friends and family, which he has asked us to share with you.
The Daily FoxiMax Game
The first game Max has devised is a tricky version of the classic Hangman
Like Hangman you try to guess the word, one letter at a time.
Guess a letter correctly—a hit—and it will be revealed with a green background.
However, if you get a letter wrong, another word is added—now you have two words to guess, and so it goes on:
each "miss" letter adds a word to the game.
A hit will reveal all the places that letter appears in all the words in play.
To complete the game, find all the letters in the words shown. The fewer words, the better!
Correct letters are shown with a green background. When a new word is added, any previous miss letters have a dark background, like the letters A, Y, and T in the picture below.
Miss letters have a dark background in the keyboard; correct letters green.
Every word in each game normally starts with a different letter.
If you don't manage to guess the eight words, Max will reveal all the letters you missed in red:
Simple games for mathematics fans.
- Get Even Find the number "2" hidden in a 7x7 grid of prime numbers.
- Find The Prime Find the hidden prime in a 7x7 grid.
FoxiMax Training Games
Training games are similar to Daily, but are made of randomly chosen words from Max's dictionary.
You can share these games with your friends, and play as many games as you like.
In the stats page (click the histogram icon, next to the cogs, top right) you can see how you've done at the game over time.
From here you can share your most recent game with friends.
The is also the Export button, which can be used to transfer your stats to another device.
These are the settings in the game (click the cogs, top right) you can adjust:
- Dark mode choose between a dark theme (the default) and light.
- Hi-contrast color alternate colors.
- Confirm letter choices asks you to confirm each letter you choose.
- Free letter to start game reveals one letter in the first word when the game starts.
- Hints briefly shows you commentary popups as you play.
- One Undo per game lets you take back a letter.
- Show all words after game reveals any words you didn't need to complete the game.
- New Daily game at local midnight set this if you want to see the next Daily game at midnight your time. The default is midnight GMT.
We do use local storage on your device to implement the game, but none of that information is shared with us.
When you share a game, anyone who plays the shared game will download it from our server, which will be logged.
We only log basic information: IP address and user agent.
We retain these logs for a short period in order to maintain a healthy service.
These logs are not shared with third parties and are deleted after one week.
Max's games are free to play, but if you would like to support Max and us, his family, please buy us a coffee.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.